Charles Wright’s college counseling program guides students toward college choices that match their unique characters, strengths, and interests.
The College Counseling Office at Charles Wright Academy supports students as they reflect on who they are becoming, and on their gifts, talents, and aspirations. We seek to guide them as they use that self-knowledge to make thoughtful decisions about the next chapter of their education and of their lives. Our program emphasizes self-assessment, thorough research, and effective communication in an effort to prepare our students for rich experiences upon matriculation to college.
Charles Wright’s College Counseling Program supports students throughout their four years in the Upper School, providing individualized guidance to meet the unique needs of each student. Highlights of the program include:
- Unlimited individual sessions with a college counselor (at least four are required)
- Annual college fair with more than 100 colleges attending, open to students and parents grades 9-12
- Junior-year application case studies workshop with distinguished deans and directors of admission from all over the country
- Admission and financial aid workshops for parents
- Summer application “boot camp” for seniors
For more information, please see College Counseling Program on the Veracross Portal.
We offer 45 minute time slots from September through November. When you arrive on campus, follow signs for the Upper School Building, which has visitor parking in front. Upon entering the building, please check in with the Upper School Receptionist, who will direct you to the College Counseling Office.
For information about our school, students, and curriculum, please download our Report to Colleges.