Led by two full-time college counselors, each with more than 20 years of experience, Charles Wright’s College Counseling Program guides students toward college choices that match their interests, strengths, and goals. Our aim is to maximize our students’ success in college admissions even as we work to minimize the inevitable stress that surrounds this often anxiety-filled process. Counselors work one-on-one with students in order to meet the unique needs of every individual, encouraging self-reflection, informed decision-making, and mature communication skills. The formal program begins in the fall of junior year. Until then, students and their parents are welcome to make appointments with the college counselors at any time. Highlights of the program include:
- Unlimited individual sessions with a college counselor (at least four are required)
- Annual college fair with more than 100 colleges attending, open to students and parents grades 9-12
- Junior-year application case studies workshop with distinguished deans and directors of admission from all over the country
- Admission and financial aid workshops for parents
- Summer application “boot camp” for seniors
Charles Wright graduates attend a wide variety of colleges and universities in all parts of the U.S. and abroad and consistently report that they were well prepared for the academic and personal challenges of college life.
Review our Report to Colleges.
Click here to log into Family Connection, Charles Wright’s interactive college planning website.
A note for college representatives: Charles Wright is now using RepVisits to book fall college visits. Please click here to make your appointment. We look forward to welcoming you to our campus!
Meet our full-time college counselors:
Director of College Counseling
Associate Director of College Counseling