Charles Wright’s college counseling program guides students toward college choices that match their unique characters, strengths, and interests.
Led by two full-time college counselors, each with more than 20 years of experience, their aim is to maximize success in college admissions even as they work to minimize the inevitable stress that surrounds this process.
CWA expects every graduate to go on to a four-year college or university, and our counselors work one-on-one with students in order to meet the needs of each individual, encouraging self-reflection, informed decision-making, and mature communication skills.
CWA’s college counseling team provides a 4-year guidance plan for students and their families throughout their Upper School journey. While the formal program begins in the fall of junior year, students and their parents are welcome to make appointments with the college counselors at any time, and also receive regular recommendations and reminders throughout grades 9-12. Students and families in our Lower and Middle Schools also have opportunities for guidance around academic preparation and financial planning.
- 35:1 or lower student-to-counselor ratio provides uniquely focused counseling
- Unlimited individual sessions with a college counselor (at least four are required)
- Annual college fair with more than 100 colleges attending, open to students and parents grades 9-12
- Sophomore-year ACT and SAT practice test advising
- Junior-year application case studies workshop with distinguished deans and directors of admission from all over the country
- Admission and financial aid workshops for parents
- Summer application “boot camp” for seniors
We offer 45 minute time slots between 8:15 a.m. and 2:15 p.m., September through November. When you arrive on campus, follow signs for the Upper School Building, which has visitor parking in front. Upon entering the building, please check in with the Upper School Receptionist, who will direct you to the College Counseling Office.
For information about our school, students, and curriculum, please download our Report to Colleges.