Charles Wright Academy
Strategic Vision 2030
Charles Wright Academy provides a rigorous and dynamic liberal arts education built on the principles of excellence and compassion. Within an inclusive and globally aware learning community, we foster self reliance, integrity, social responsibility, and humor, inspiring our students to discover within themselves the courage to achieve their personal best in mind, body, and spirit.
As an exceptional leader in preK-12 education, Charles Wright Academy creatively inspires a lifetime of learning and purposeful growth.
INTEGRITY – Choosing right means we value the truth, fairness, responsibility, and authenticity in all our actions.
RESPECT – Valuing differences means we treat each individual and every relationship with fairness, equity, and justness.
COMPASSION – We always act with kindness, generosity, humility, and empathy.
PERSEVERANCE – Persistence, self-reliance, and tenacity in the face of adversity make us wiser and stronger.
EXCELLENCE – In all our endeavors, we strive to achieve our best.
Enhance the student experience in alignment with CWA’s commitment to a curriculum infused with and supported by critical thinking, effective communication, an experiential, collaborative, and integrated curriculum, and a deep pedagogical toolbox.
• Initiative #1: In expanding our understanding of what “liberal arts education” should be in the mid-21st century, create multiple paths to a CWA diploma that allow students and faculty to explore more deeply their own talents, passions, and intellectual curiosity in pursuit of achieving excellence and balance in academics, arts, and athletics.
• Initiative #2: Develop consistent opportunities for cultural and global engagement opportunities for all students.
• Initiative #3: Examine ways to develop distinctive place-based/experiential educational opportunities for CWA students.
• Initiative #4: Integrate technology into pedagogy and curriculum in a seamless way.
Maintain CWA’s commitment to developing its exceptional faculty, committed staff, and an engaged and inclusive community of students and families.
• Initiative #1: Encourage and invest in implementing innovative teaching methods in and out of the classroom; building on CWA’s aspiration to be a thought-leader and laboratory for pre-K-12 education.
• Initiative #2: Advance the growth and development of our faculty and staff through the following:
- directed and strategic professional development program
- building a culture of constant self-reflection, growth, and professionalism that always places the student experience at the center of every decision
- instituting an enhanced, meaningful, and regular faculty/staff evaluation process 4. providing leadership roles and opportunities to model, coach, teach, and inspire colleagues and students
• Initiative #3: Incorporate Social Emotional Learning (SEL) standards into the curriculum school-wide and increase resources and capabilities for Student Support Services.
• Initiative #4: Implement strategies to more fully reach our commitment to caring in our inclusive and diverse community, in order to realize our institutional values of respect and compassion.
Re-visit the campus master plan to fully leverage CWA’s wealth of facilities, land, and beautiful spaces.
• Initiative #1: Develop a program for three-year-olds and examine the potential to create an Early Childhood Learning Center for three- to five-year-olds.
• Initiative #2: Develop strategies to more fully utilize the campus year-round.
• Initiative #3: Explore new opportunities to increase enrollment through ancillary business models, and possible strategic alignment with other schools.
• Initiative #4: Finalize and execute a facilities master plan that considers the investment in space necessary to implement the Strategic Vision for 2030.
• Initiative #5: Explore strategies to increase the environmental sustainability of the campus.
Accelerate community outreach to leverage connections to people and institutions of the South Puget Sound Region to enrich learning experiences for students.
• Initiative #1: Partner with area colleges, businesses, and arts organizations to further strengthen and grow our program and create enriched and engaging learning opportunities for our students and community.
• Initiative #2: Strengthen relationships with nonprofit organizations to support our commitment to service-learning through service and internships.
• Initiative #3: Engage alumni and parents to be actively involved through sharing their diverse experiences, expertise, and access to opportunities.
Build financial stability for the next generations of students.
• Initiative #1: Pursue models of funding that do not rely on constant increases in tuition revenue.
• Initiative #2: Optimize marketing and enrollment management processes with a goal of operating the school at full capacity.
• Initiative #3: Develop marketing and communications strategies to clarify and expand CWA’s brand awareness.
The Charles Wright commitment to you, the student, is to:
- Stimulate your intellectual curiosity and develop your critical thinking, preparing you for success in college and for learning throughout life;
- Open your eyes to the world so that you grow to be a responsible, generous, and compassionate global citizen;
- Nurture in you the values of hard work, accountability, resilience, perseverance, and self-management;
- Encourage you to discover your talents so that art, music, and creative expression become a part of who you are;
- Motivate you to be your competitive best while developing teamwork, leadership, and healthy habits for a lifetime of fitness;
- Teach you the value of integrity so that it guides you in your relationships with others and yourself;
- Develop in you a discerning and generous respect for others’ work and the gracious acceptance of others’ assessments of your own;
- Provide you opportunities to discover the beauty and wonder of nature;
- Inspire you to build strong interpersonal relationships that adapt and grow stronger as you experience life’s difficulties;
- Laugh with you often and encourage you to use humor to make learning and life joyous; and
- Deepen your awareness of spirituality as you pursue your life’s meaning, purpose, and direction.