2016-17 Staff Sara Ford 580x388

Sara Ford

Database Manager

Office | 253.620.8306
sford@charleswright.org

At Charles Wright Academy Since 2016

Education:
Bowling Green State University, BA

Sara Ford came to CWA to be a part of a positive and flourishing community. CWA’s database manager, Sara loves working in fund-raising in general and in databases in particular. “In a chaotic world it’s systematic and logical,” she says of database work. “However, it’s far from perfect, so I love following the bread-crumb trail when something is awry and figuring out what caused it. There’s always an answer if you look hard enough.”

Prior to her arrival at CWA, Sara worked for the Foundations of MultiCare as a gift processor and Annual Fund coordinator. Working in a school environment appealed to her love of learning. “I was so inspired by my high school English teacher, who loved Ken Kesey, wore Cosby sweaters, and casually swore during class,” she recalls. “He encouraged me to write, and I was probably bad, but he encouraged me anyway.” Sara went on to study English literature in college, and her favorite memory as a student is interviewing her all-time favorite author, Tom Robbins, for her senior thesis. “I still have the tape of our conversation, and it’s one of my most prized possessions,” she says. “He wrote such intensely lovely descriptions of Washington—especially of Skagit Valley, where he lives—that it might be a large part of the reason I moved here from Ohio.”

In Sara’s free time she cooks, bakes, and watches the Food Network and HGTV. She enjoys spending time with her significant other, Brandon, and their son, Henry.

Charles Wright Academy

Contact Us

Admissions: 253.620.8373
Lower School: 253.620.8800
Middle School: 253.620.8400
Upper School: 253.620.8300
Charles Wright Academy
7723 Chambers Creek Road West 
Tacoma, WA 98467
admissions@charleswright.org

Request More Info