Lauren McMason

Director of Technology

Office | 253.620.8438
lmcmason@charleswright.org

At Charles Wright Academy Since 2003

Education:
Harvard University, M.Ed.
Bates College, BA

Lauren McMason is Charles Wright Academy’s director of technology and works closely with faculty and staff to integrate technology into classrooms and offices. “I enjoy the process of helping others understand and interact with the tools we have available to make our lives more enjoyable and productive,” he says. “I also enjoy helping people understand that technology is not the best answer to every situation. Education, in particular, is an inherently human undertaking and, at its best, is accomplished in community.”

Education is a field in which Lauren is deeply invested; after earning a Master of Education at Harvard University he taught math—algebra I and geometry—in California, Colorado, and Washington state. Living abroad and traveling abroad (English is not Lauren’s first language) provided insights into the empowerment inspired by education. “I fundamentally believe a good education is transformative for individuals and, by extension, society,” he says. “Having spent time living and traveling in central and southern Africa, I saw firsthand the effects of education on individuals and communities.”

In Lauren’s free time he enjoys boating, traveling, cycling, and walking with his family and their dog.

Charles Wright Academy

Contact Us

Admissions: 253.620.8373
Lower School: 253.620.8800
Middle School: 253.620.8400
Upper School: 253.620.8300
Charles Wright Academy
7723 Chambers Creek Road West 
Tacoma, WA 98467
admissions@charleswright.org

Request More Info