Dennis Dorum

Dennis Dorum 2017-08-29T12:44:06+00:00

Dennis Dorum

Facilities and Transportation Manager

Office | 253.620.8327
ddorum@charleswright.org

At Charles Wright Academy Since 2006

Education:
Bates Technical College – Operating Engineering, Basic and Advanced Welding, and Pneumatic Controls
Clover Park Technical College – Basic and Advanced Electronics, Fork Lift Certification
Green River Community College – Backflow Certification

As CWA’s facilities and transportation manager, Dennis Dorum is the point person for our custodial staff, maintenance crew, groundkeepers, and bus drivers. “There is never a dull moment,” he says. “There is always something to do and things are always changing.”

Dennis enjoys working in an educational setting. Before coming to CWA, he taught at Bates Technical College. “When I was a teacher, it was very gratifying when I would explain how a certain piece of machinery works or a concept of troubleshooting and the student would all of a sudden understand,” he recalls. He extends that level of thought and care into his role at CWA, too. He is FEMA and NIMS certified and that also has ISO certifications 100, 200, 700 and 800. “My goal for this department is not only to meet the needs of Charles Wright Academy, but also to instill in my staff an attitude of ‘a little bit more,'” he says. “I enjoy making things work and figuring out problems.”

On the rare occasion that Dennis is not on campus, he enjoys fishing, boating, working in his shop, and going to garage and estate sales as well as flea markets.

Charles Wright Academy

Contact Us

Admissions: 253.620.8373
Lower School: 253.620.8800
Middle School: 253.620.8400
Upper School: 253.620.8300
Charles Wright Academy
7723 Chambers Creek Road West 
Tacoma, WA 98467
admissions@charleswright.org

Request More Info