Outdoor Education Coordinator
Track Coach

Office | 253.620.8317
sglenn@charleswright.org
Class Website

At Charles Wright Academy Since 1994

Education:
University of Washington, BA

Stephanie Glenn teaches Japanese in the Upper School. She particularly enjoys taking students to Japan during Winterim and coordinating Charles Wright’s exchange program with the Mukogawa School. In addition to teaching, she coordinates the school’s outdoor education program.

“I started studying Japanese formally in seventh grade at Charles Wright and never stopped,” says Glenn. “Learning about a country so different in so many ways from my own has given me a greater appreciation of where I come from as well as a deeper understanding of how differently people can live. Not only has my life been shaped strongly by my own Japanese studies, I have been fortunate to watch many of my own students spend quality time in Japan as tourists, exchange students, and even in their careers. It is exciting to see relationships grow among people who live in many ways very differently.”

“In our world, I believe it is increasingly important for young people to early on develop healthy curiosity about other cultures, seeking similarity and common ground even among people who seem to have perspectives, opinions, speech and lifestyles different from our own. Charles Wright’s commitment to teaching world languages is an incredibly valuable part of its education.”

“My daughters, Samantha and Daphne, are now Tarriers, and it’s really fun to get to know the school from a parent’s perspective. What a special place CWA is!”

Charles Wright Academy

Contact Us

Admissions: 253.620.8373
Lower School: 253.620.8800
Middle School: 253.620.8400
Upper School: 253.620.8300
Charles Wright Academy
7723 Chambers Creek Road West 
Tacoma, WA 98467
admissions@charleswright.org

Request More Info