Riley Meinershagen

Middle School Science Teacher

Office | 253.620.8440
rmeinershagen@charleswright.org
Class Website

At Charles Wright Academy Since 2014

Education:
Lewis and Clark College, BA, MAT

Riley Meinershagen came to CWA as a member of the middle school science faculty. As the seventh grade physical science teacher, Meinershagen has lots of opportunities to inspire students in making connections and having those special “moments of insight.” He credits his desire to work in education to a teacher friend of his who, in response to a discussion on quantum mechanics, said, “You know, as cool as the mysteries of physics are, I find the mysteries of the mind of a 12-year-old to be far more fascinating.” Meinershagen also admits that he has always loved working with children.

One thing Meinershagen loves about the CWA community is the sense of pride that “enshrouds most everyone and everything that happens here.” He enjoys the freedom to “create and design his own material”, and loves “handing over the reins after he sets students to a task and watching them learn while they debate and work amongst themselves.”

One of Meinershagen’s favorite high school memories was working on a tower building project for physics class with his father, who is an architect. He says, “I just remember how his eyes lit up when we were talking about the project, and how he watched me try to work with some of the ideas he gave me. It made me feel like I was good at something and that it was important.”

Outside of work, Meinershagen has varied interests, from playing professional ultimate Frisbee for the Portland Stags, to competing on the pro tour of Magic the Gathering in 2012. He also enjoys reading and producing art when he has time.

Charles Wright Academy

Contact Us

Admissions: 253.620.8373
Lower School: 253.620.8800
Middle School: 253.620.8400
Upper School: 253.620.8300
Charles Wright Academy
7723 Chambers Creek Road West 
Tacoma, WA 98467
admissions@charleswright.org

Request More Info