Upper School Art Teacher

Office | 253.620.8331
nbivins@charleswright.org
Class Website

At Charles Wright Academy Since 2014

Education:
Ohio University, MFA
University of Washington, BA, BFA

Nick Bivins has brought his artistic talents to the Charles Wright community as the ceramics and photography teacher in the Upper School. Before coming to CWA, Bivins taught as a visiting associate professor in the 3D4M Department at the University of Washington in Seattle. In regards to his teaching career, Bivins says, “In retrospect, I feel I have always been a teacher. I started teaching swimming lessons when I was 12 and felt an immediate and tremendous sense of satisfaction in helping others learn.”

After joining CWA, Bivins says that he appreciates being in “a community of like-minded multi-talented people.” When he’s not in the classroom, Bivins is on the course coaching golf for CWA students. Bivins is also passionate about rowing, having coached for many years as well as competed with the University of Washington, and counts racing with his team as one of his fondest memories. He also enjoys home brewing and playing with and training his one-year-old golden doodle Darla.

His super cool talent that the world should know about? He can wiggle his ears, which may or may not have been the deciding factor in his appointment. If you’re interested in checking out some of Bivins’ work as an artist, his portfolio can be found at www.nicholasbivins.com.

Charles Wright Academy

Contact Us

Admissions: 253.620.8373
Lower School: 253.620.8800
Middle School: 253.620.8400
Upper School: 253.620.8300
Charles Wright Academy
7723 Chambers Creek Road West 
Tacoma, WA 98467
admissions@charleswright.org

Request More Info