Upper School Math Teacher

Office | 253.620.8378
lellis@charleswright.org
Class Website

At Charles Wright Academy Since 2016

Education:
University of Phoenix, MA
Middlebury College, BA

Lynn Ellis joins the Upper School math department and teaches intermediate algebra and honors algebra 2. Teaching runs in her blood: Her parents, sister, uncle, and grandparents all are or were educators. “I’ve always loved being a part of others’ learning,” she says. “I love helping others to achieve and grow and like having the opportunity to influence the future through my work. As my sister says, we can change the world a student at a time. What an honor and responsibility.”

Lynn earned a BA in mathematics (cum laude) from Middlebury College and says her experience as a student in a “fantastic, small department” was transformative: “I still have significant relationships with some of my professors, and it is not an overstatement to say those relationships changed my life.” Prior to her arrival at CWA she taught at the college level as an adjunct professor in the math department at Tacoma Community College. Now teaching Upper Schoolers, Lynn says she is excited to watch the growth of individual students from freshman through senior years. “I love the energy of students working through difficult concepts, explaining to one another, asking great questions,” she says. “I love the look on a student’s face when he or she finally ‘gets’ it.”

Lynn does yoga, crochets, quilts, and sews. She also is a runner who has completed 12 half marathons, and she enjoys hiking (she has been on top of the third-highest peak in Mexico, Ixtaccihuatl), camping, and spending time by the ocean.

Charles Wright Academy

Contact Us

Admissions: 253.620.8373
Lower School: 253.620.8800
Middle School: 253.620.8400
Upper School: 253.620.8300
Charles Wright Academy
7723 Chambers Creek Road West 
Tacoma, WA 98467
admissions@charleswright.org

Request More Info