Katie Ryan

Academic Dean and Director of College Counseling

Office | 253.620.8396
kryan@charleswright.org
Class Website

At Charles Wright Academy Since 1999

Education:
Occidental College, BA

Katie Ryan is the academic dean and director of college counseling. “It’s especially rewarding when a student finds a great college fit or really learns about him or herself after going through our college counseling program,” she says. “I hope I help students feel good about themselves, regardless of which college they end up attending. I hope they know that I truly care about each one of them.”

“What I find most rewarding about my job is that I’m able to make connections with so many great people. I love getting to know my students as I work with them one-on-one throughout the college search and application processes. I also value the relationships I have formed with college admission officers and college counselors from all over the country.”

Ryan is an active member of the National Association of College Admission Counseling (NACAC), the Pacific Northwest Association of College Admission Counseling (PNACAC), and the Association of College Counselors in Independent Schools (ACCIS). A former elected member of the College Board’s Western Regional Council, she attends conferences and visits college campuses regularly in order to stay current on issues in college admission. In addition to college counseling, she coordinates the senior internship program at Charles Wright and serves as the academic dean for the Upper School. She loves yoga, hiking, cooking, reading and traveling. “I’m also a soccer mom,” she says. “I’m often cheering one of my children on from the sidelines.”

Charles Wright Academy

Contact Us

Admissions: 253.620.8373
Lower School: 253.620.8800
Middle School: 253.620.8400
Upper School: 253.620.8300
Charles Wright Academy
7723 Chambers Creek Road West 
Tacoma, WA 98467
admissions@charleswright.org

Request More Info