Kindergarten Teacher

Office | 253.620.8842
kburdick@charleswright.org
Class Website

At Charles Wright Academy Since 2006

Education:
University of Puget Sound, MEd
Western Washington University, BA

Karen Burdick teaches kindergarten. “So much can be done with children when you have small classes,” she says. “Having come from teaching two half-day kindergarten classes with 24 students in each class, the benefits of having 16 students all day are so clear.”

One of Burdick’s students called her at home one evening to tell her he’d lost a tooth. “I was thrilled with the news and to be able to share in his excitement,” she recalls. “It truly illustrates the bond we form with kids here. The hugs and I love you’s we get all the time show the children are in a happy place.”

Burdick grew up in the Tacoma area. Her parents participated in clearing the grounds around Charles Wright back in the early days of the school with other members of local Episcopal churches.

“After years of driving by and telling my daughter that someday I wanted to teach at Charles Wright, my dream came true when a kindergarten position opened and I was hired,” Burdick says. “Kindergartners are valued as learners here and are given so many opportunities. It’s a phenomenal place to be!”

Charles Wright Academy

Contact Us

Admissions: 253.620.8373
Lower School: 253.620.8800
Middle School: 253.620.8400
Upper School: 253.620.8300
Charles Wright Academy
7723 Chambers Creek Road West 
Tacoma, WA 98467
admissions@charleswright.org

Request More Info