Judy Williams

Middle School Spanish Teacher, 7th Grade Team Leader

Office | 253.620.8406
jwilliams@charleswright.org
Class Website

At Charles Wright Academy Since 1991

Education:
Mt. Union College, BA

Judy Williams teaches Middle School Spanish. She is also the team leader for all the teachers working with seventh graders. “I love being able to work one-on-one with students,” says Williams. “I love to help them ‘see the light’ when learning different concepts about Spanish. The students are so responsive when we take the time to work with them individually. I hope that through studying a foreign language they have learned to appreciate other cultures. I hope they will continue to study Spanish because they had so much fun learning it here, and have come to realize what an asset it is to know another language or two.”

Williams got hooked on Spanish in high school and majored in the language during college. In 1999, she was selected to study at the University of Salamanca in Spain with a scholarship from Boeing and the Spanish Embassy. She has made three trips to Spain, including a trip with students.

At a conference in San Antonio, Texas, Williams randomly ran into a friend she had met on her first trip to Spain. “We had not seen nor heard from each other for 25 years, yet we still recognized each other!” she says. “Thanks to the advanced technology age we live in, we plan to keep in touch with each other this time.”

In addition to teaching, she has coached track and field, soccer, volleyball, and basketball. She double-majored in physical education and became the first student athletic trainer at her college, working with the men’s soccer and basketball programs for two years. “I can tape ankles,” she says. Williams works in the training room during Middle School sports practices every day.

Williams volunteers at her church and is a former Girl Scouts troop leader. She enjoys camping with her family, playing the piano, singing, baking, reading murder mysteries, and doing cross-stitch. In 2007 and 2009, she completed the grueling Breast Cancer 3-Day, a 60-mile walk benefiting Susan G. Komen for the Cure.

Charles Wright Academy

Contact Us

Admissions: 253.620.8373
Lower School: 253.620.8800
Middle School: 253.620.8400
Upper School: 253.620.8300
Charles Wright Academy
7723 Chambers Creek Road West 
Tacoma, WA 98467
admissions@charleswright.org

Request More Info