Middle School History Teacher

Office | 253.620.8415
jpetrich@charleswright.org
Class Website

At Charles Wright Academy Since 1998

Education:
University of Puget Sound, MEd
Loyola Marymount University, BA

Jenise Petrich teaches seventh and eighth grade history and advises Knowledge Bowl and Green Key Ambassadors. “One of the reasons I love teaching at CWA is because, with our small classes, I can connect with every kid in every class, every day,” she says. Her favorite class projects include reading about Lewis and Clark by candlelight and simulating the voyage of slaves on the Middle Passage while students listen to the stories of those who experienced that tragedy. “I hope my teaching leaves kids with a passion for the stories of history and that they remember me as an adult who truly liked and believed in each of them,” she says. “I also hope that I can help them find a lifelong thrill for learning.”

Petrich has received the Baynes Chair in History and Humanities and the Inspirational Faculty Award. One of her favorite experiences at Charles Wright was having a former student return to her classroom during his senior internship to explore his own interest in teaching middle school history.

Before embarking on her teaching career, Petrich worked for many years in commercial interior design. She also lived in France for a year and spent several months in both Bangkok and Greece. She spent six months backpacking through Europe and the Middle East. She also used to own and ride a Harley and hopes to do so again soon. Petrich volunteers at her church and loves to kayak. She also spends winter weekends skiing the bird runs at White Pass and visiting museums (it absolutely does not matter what kind). Finally, she spends most of her free time studying history—any history.

Charles Wright Academy

Contact Us

Admissions: 253.620.8373
Lower School: 253.620.8800
Middle School: 253.620.8400
Upper School: 253.620.8300
Charles Wright Academy
7723 Chambers Creek Road West 
Tacoma, WA 98467
admissions@charleswright.org

Request More Info