Office | 253.620.8370
ctelal@charleswright.org
Class Website

At Charles Wright Academy Since 2014

Education:
Universite Aix-en-Provence, MA
University of Houston, MA
Universite de la Sorbonne Nouvelle, PhD courses and dissertation outline

Upper School French teacher Christine Telal has world languages in her blood. Each of her grandparents was born in a different country and spoke a native language—her Russian grandfather spoke seven languages. “I believe teaching languages helps break down walls of misunderstanding between human beings,” she says. “I grew up believing in tolerance of other cultures. Teaching is one tool to help us work toward peace.”

Part of what drew Christine to CWA was its openness to international culture, languages, and travel. Her favorite memory from her own school experience was going to England on a school trip when she was 12 and “realizing how much I knew and how much I had to learn.” Now, seeing her students’ eyes sparkle when they learn and understand something new is a moment she treasures as a teacher. And she thrills in introducing them to international students and native speakers their own age and seeing friendships develop. “CWA wants to help students grow into global citizens,” she says. “That is a wonderful educational goal.”

Christine also enjoys spending time with her three college-age children and loves reading, traveling, and hiking.

Charles Wright Academy

Contact Us

Admissions: 253.620.8373
Lower School: 253.620.8800
Middle School: 253.620.8400
Upper School: 253.620.8300
Charles Wright Academy
7723 Chambers Creek Road West 
Tacoma, WA 98467
admissions@charleswright.org

Request More Info